Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words


Ogie!!! My family's dog. I absolutely adore him, except when he humps me.

This is the group of students from three different highschools that the ASK program invited to their launch ceremony. ASK is AIESEC's program in spreading awareness and prevention of HIV/AIDS around Africa. There was a group of girls around 14 years old who put on an excellent play about prostitution, pregnancy, AIDS, and suicide. I dont think such touchy subjects could ever be so funny. The launch was really effective in destigmatizing HIV/AIDS and spreading awareness.


This is Papa Dia's Dorm room. Its meant for two people but sleeps 9. For a country that does not accept homosexuality their actions are sometimes gayer than americans. They sleep 3 to a bed, hold hands in the street, and all that. But I've come to learn its more an action of taking care of one another since they are all family. And now they consider me family!
The guy in the white shirt in front speaks excellent english and makes GREAT tea. Tea making is apparently the college boy's past time. It takes a good 15 minutes to prepare, and they prepare it often. It has the consistency of watered down syrup and is really sweet and really good!


The lunch room at the university with PapaNgdyaie Dia (pronounced paapeyja). Hes eating Mafe (meat with a peanut sauce with rice)which normally is good but since the university has to feed 60,000 students this SUCKED and it stained my brand new white dress. I forgot to bring my tide to go, or "Bic Magique" that day.

For the rest of my pictures click here

1 comment: